California Payroll is seeking a full time Office Manager for our Brentwood office. We are seeking strong candidates who demonstrate extremely high levels of honesty and integrity. Core skills required are: extremely organized, team player, hard-working, and motivated to produce excellent quality work. This position requires discretion, critical thinking, and independent judgment directly related to the management and operations of the business. The successful candidate will essentially be responsible for all things office related. This includes coordinate administration, facilities, IT support and HR support for all functional areas of the company.
Facility Management Duties:
Act as liaison to building management, monitoring building maintenance and facility upkeep tasks in areas of heating and cooling, ventilation, lighting, cleanliness, sanitation, and the general appearance of building and grounds as well as emergency situations affecting the building.
Monitors company contractor work activities, perform inspections in ensure standards are met and ensure timely completion of work.
– Manages the work order process including assignment, completion of information on the work order and work order record information.
– Works closely with management to coordinate and organize internal moves, which includes painting, furniture, code compliance and working with IT for telecommunications and technology/wiring installation.
– Assist in the preparation of the budget by tracking expenses and regularly reporting to management.
– Works with management on invoice approvals.
– Provide leadership on special facilities-related projects.
– Responsible for maintenance, necessary licensing, research and purchasing of all office equipment, telephone systems, faxes, printers, copiers, software, hardware, cabling, etc.
– Manage vendors to fulfill needed system maintenance and repair.
– Other assigned facility management duties
Human Resources Duties:
– Work closely with management to implement company policies and procedures. Communicate company policies to team and ensure policy adherence throughout organization.
– Coordinate health insurance and company benefits
– Work with management to coordinate and oversee recruitment of staff and handling new employee orientation.
– Perform telephone screenings for employment applicants and send out letters to unsuccessful employment applicants
– Other assigned HR duties
– Input and manage Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
– Spreadsheet preparation and maintenance
– Coordinate sales commission calculations and reviewing with Sales Manager
– Invoicing where needed
– Manage and review accounting system to ensure accuracy of chart of accounts in general ledger system
– Communicate with outside accounting firms to fulfill required corporate annual tax requirements
– Other assigned finance duties.
– Track and manage multiple projects both internal and external.
– Drive progress on projects by monitoring progress and ensuring all parties involved are responding when necessary.
Administration and Procurement Duties:
– Management of company vendors, including courier, phone system, IT, etc. Handle all vendor inquiries.
– Assist all departments in coordinating meetings and interdepartmental events.
– Assist all staff in coordinating travel for conferences and out-of-area prospect and vendor visits.
– Procure all office and facility supplies in a timely and cost-effective manner.
– Manage vendors for office supplies and equipment.
– Filing and organization of all paperwork, corporate documents, and record storage coordinate where needed.
– Provide administrative support when needed. Support includes answering incoming phone calls when Receptionist is on break or not available, ordering office supplies, and assisting with customer service and other projects.
– Other assigned administrative and procurement tasks.
– Manage administrative staff.
– Responsible for growth and development of the administrative department that includes identifying open positions that need to be filled as company grows.
– Other assigned management duties.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with attention to details
– Excellent follow up, written and communication skills
– Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks
– Proficiency with MSOffice
– Committed to meeting deadlines
– Flexible in accepting a variety of office tasks
– Able to handle multiple work assignments
– Be comfortable supporting multiple departments and leaders
– Knowledge of standard records filing storage and maintenance practices
– Must have ability to quickly develop a thorough knowledge of company structure and processes as well as flexibility to work in a dynamic environment
– Must be willing to work overtime as needed
– Follow established schedules and procedures
– Demonstrated ability to track and regularly follow up on incomplete issues
– Positive attitude and pleasant office and telephone demeanor required
– Associates Degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
– 3+ years office, administrative and/or facilities management experience